Oh, and I feel like I need some direction with the blog. So, please feel free to comment. I want to stay Dallas-centric but should I concentrate on local media? Sports? Politics? All of the above? Try and keep the comments clean. This is a somewhat family friendly blog.
Now, onto some observations:
- It was reported today that some guy chased down an assailant of a local donut shop and shot him dead. Details are still sketchy but it sounds like this guy was warranted in his defense. However, we are starting to hear stories of the Castle law come out where homeowners are shooting perceived burglars when the defense was not warranted. Case in point the story of a Dallas man shooting two teens through his window. One died. The Castle law states he was in his right to grab a weapon and shoot to kill. Defend his life and property. But, the kids weren’t banging on doors, breaking in, etc. They were in his yard, according to reports.
What if I am walking my dog tonight and he gets loose from his collar. I chase him between two houses. Let’s also assume it is 11:00 at night. Does the older homeowner, startled by noise and feeling threatened, have the right to shoot and kill me?
- Dallas Stars are down one game to none in the first round of the Western Conference Finals. Detroit looks really, really good. I do not profess to be a hockey fan, but I can tell them that dumb penalties against the best team in the regular season will get you beat every single time.
- After the April 10th storms that rocked our area and resulted in downed trees and power lines, who now is your favorite weather dude? Delkus? Dan Henry? Finfrock? Give me Delkus by a nose. He is smug enough to exude the weather dude confidence and he has the crazy weather man hair. Plus he pokes Hansen with a stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment