Friday, July 20, 2007

Dungan is Done-gan...






I wouldn't be worth my Dallas-blog salt if I didn't mention the recent retirement of WFAA Channel 8's Weatherman extraordinaire Troy Dungan. His last day was July 18th, and while he will continue at the station in a limited role, we now consider Pete Delkus the head weather dude. No word yet if Delkus will don the bow ties.

If you didn't know, Dungan went to Baylor and my only encounter with him occurred on campus during a show at Waco Hall. He was in town seeing one of his kids in a show and I happened to attend the same event. During intermission I headed to the men's room, grabbed a urinal, and from my left peripheral I noticed the spotted silk of a bowtie. My mind rolodex quickly turned and when you add the bowtie to the facts that the guy standing next to me was short, had glasses, and I knew Dungan had a daughter at Baylor, I knew it was him.

Let it be know I never did a full head turn for complete verification until we both left the urinal bank.

So, Troy our encounter was brief but I will cherish it always. Best of luck at retirement and keep looking forwards.

1 comment:

Byrdman said...

I like Bear Mascots. 8th St Holla yo.